Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not quite the 4 day weekend I had in mind

The last few days have been wild.  I didn't feel well last week but Sunday afternoon was when the fun really began.  Short recap: we were Christmas shopping at Target when my left side started hurting (and eventually the left side of my back).  By the time we got home I was in serious pain.  It hurt to lay down in bed so I settled for the couch.  I threw up several times and really didn't know what to do or what was happening.  It was one of the longest, pain-filled nights of my life.  Phillip took me to the doctor yesterday morning and although we still weren't sure what was going on with me, it was reassuring to know that the baby was fine.  Dr. Barnett thought it might be partially viral and/or possibly have something to do with my kidneys or colon (he prescribed me phenergan for the vomiting and lortab for the pain).

Last night was better, thanks to the drugs, but it was still a long one.  Dr. Barnett called me this morning to let me know that my blood work showed only slightly elevated white blood cells (not sure if I am saying that right) and since I was feeling better he decided to hold off on an antibiotic.  They sent my urine sample to the lab but I won't know those results until tomorrow.  I do feel much better today, just worn out and weak from lack of sleep and food/drink.

I know it was only a couple of days but I really feel like I missed out on being with Ellen.  I was in a major fog.  I would open my eyes and she would be watching Dora.  The next time I opened my eyes she would be playing or coloring.  She would ask me every once in a while if I felt better and all I could say was no.  I couldn't even fake feeling okay for Ellen.  Phillip was a trooper... running between giving Ellen a bath and holding my hair back while I got sick yet again (a sign of true love).  He did so much more than that but he was definitely there for me when I needed him the most (I hate throwing up).

Although it would be nice to know what caused the pain, I am just glad it went away... knock on wood (I am still a little sore but nothing compared to the last 2 days).

Hoping to get a good night's rest in my own bed tonight as I will be going back to work tomorrow.  I'm back in the saddle again whether I want to be or not.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...