Monday, November 28, 2011

Mondays are for missing, especially today

Mondays are hard for a variety of reasons but the main one for me is missing Ellen.  After a couple of days with my little girl the last thing I want to do is leave her bright and early on Monday morning to go to work.  I miss her like crazy all day, every day but Mondays are especially difficult.  One thing that helps me is talking about our weekend.  Phillip and I usually spend our breaks and lunch (and texts) reminiscing about the funny things she said and did, and we have plenty of material.  I love this age.  Ellen is so full of life, so happy, up for anything, talkative, opinionated, animated, loving, thoughtful, creative, sensitive, observant, silly and fun.  She thinks everything is "adorable".  What's not to love?

Today I am also missing my Grandma.  Today is her birthday, she would have been 80 years old.  We recently found this picture of Grandma making her famous noodles circa Thanksgiving 2001 (a Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition).  Phillip and I just stopped what we were doing, looked at the picture and talked about Grandma and her delicious noodles.  Precious Memories.

 Which reminds me of something my sister said at her funeral... [paraphrasing] over the years we [the grandkids] would watch Grandma make her noodles but we only half-heartedly tried to learn how to make them ourselves.  We never wanted to think of a time when she wouldn't be here to make them.

We miss you Grandma. 

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

I love how you love, my sweet friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...