Friday, November 11, 2011

Making kids cry, it's what I do

In honor of hibernation, today was pajama day at Ellen's school.  Her class has been learning/talking about hibernation all week long and this was the final "lesson" so to speak.  In addition to wearing pajamas the kids were allowed to bring a stuffed animal from home, one that hibernates, to share with the class.  Pajamas and a special animal... double the fun!  Ellen chose to bring mama and baby rabbit (I don't even know if rabbits hibernate) and naturally she wanted to wear her new ballerina pajamas. 

When we walked into her classroom this morning we saw one of her buddies and fellow pajama wearers, Brennan, eating breakfast.  He looked at Ellen and said, "Are those pajamas?"  He was very skeptical.  I think the pink tutu threw him off.  Sometimes Ellen acts as if she has never seen these kids before in her life so to encourage a little conversation I told her to ask Brennan what hibernation animal he brought for show and tell.  Next thing I know he is running toward the door calling for his Daddy who had just left.  They reunited in the hallway.  Apparently he forgot to bring an animal and apparently this really upset him.  It appeared I had caused a bit of a ruckus.  I decided that was the perfect time for me to leave.  Fight or flight?  I chose flight.

In quiet moments throughout the day I could still hear Brennan crying out "Daddy!" and it hurt every single time.

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

The title alone was enough to make me laugh... you're hysterical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...