What is funnier than Ellen sneaking 1 Lean Cuisine into our grocery cart? Ellen sneaking 2 Lean Cuisines into our cart. Surprise!
Me: I am really going to try to dry my hair tomorrow morning
Phillip: It's good to have goals
Ellen to Granddaddy: My Daddy isn't very good at coloring. He's good at cooking though.
Ellen randomly started singing Sweet Home Alabama while taking a bath last week. We found out that she learned it from a friend at school. She didn't quite have the right tune down so Phillip showed her the video on YouTube after her bath.
Me to Phillip: I bet no one has ever had to tell you to slow down before
(I am typically a fast walker and let's just say that Phillip is not usually in a hurry, but he has me beat now that I have a temperamental passenger. The tables have turned and Phillip is taking advantage of it.)
Phillip and I recently watched The Company Men. Warning: It may cause you, as it did Phillip, to have nightmares about getting fired. We both liked the movie despite this unfortunate side effect.
Ellen cried and cried when we left North Carolina on Sunday. She sobbed "I don't want to leave" over and over again. She wouldn't say goodbye to anyone. It was so sad!
I am over this heat. I am ready for cooler weather. And all things Fall!
Room Update: My Dad suggested we get Ellen a twin bed and I think we are going to do just that. We are going to take the guest room furniture out completely (Mom and Dad are going to store it for us) and turn that room into the nursery. Ellen does not want to switch rooms and that is fine with us. She will get a new bed (and possibly a dresser, small desk and a bookshelf) and her current full bed will go in the baby's room, along with the crib, changing table and chest of drawers. Basically all of the same furniture we have used for Ellen over the years, some of which is in her room now, will be in the nursery. We will paint the nursery (not sure what color yet) and possibly Ellen's room. I only wanted to paint one of the rooms but I think Ellen is set on having a pink room, which is kind of my fault. Oh well. I am ready to get started!
While we were home Phillip, Ellen and I ate at Ronni's. This is Phillip's favorite restaurant (or at least one of his top 5). We had wings, pizza and fried zucchini. They have the best fried zucchini. Much to Phillip's dismay Ellen was not very impressed with Ronni's. "This restaurant smells yuck" were her exact words. One day she will appreciate the goodness.
Mom and Dad bought Ellen a Barbie that came with a dog, Taffy, and 3 puppies. One of the puppies, which we named Puddles, drinks from a plastic bottle and then pees. Ellen loves it. Watching a dog go to the bathroom has never been so cute.
When listening to the radio Ellen only wants to hear "girl music", as in female vocalists. Too bad I can't make that happen for her. At 3 years old she is resigned to the fact that we live in a man's world :)
1 comment:
These are always my favorite posts. You should be a writer for a comedy!
Post a Comment