Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our weekend in North Carolina

Haircut courtesy of Grandmother
(Don't let this picture fool you... Ellen was in constant motion the whole time)
 At the Winston-Salem Children's Museum
"Shopping" in Food Lion was her favorite activity of the day











 My Grandfather's place at the mausoleum.  He did not want to be buried under ground.  My Grandmother will be to the left of him (you can see the curtain covering the opening).

We a had a nice long weekend with my family.  It was good to be home.  My Grandmother's service went well and I got to visit with people I don't see very often.  My Mom and sister both spoke and they did a great job.  I am proud of them.  Not only for what they said but for being able to speak under those circumstances.  My Mom said she had to stop looking at me while she was talking.  I thought it was because I was crying but it turns out, at least according to her, I had a horrified look on my face.  Good to know?

On a lighter note, we (me, Phillip and Ellen) had some down time on Friday so we went to the children's museum.  Our tom tom decided to stop working, and it still isn't, but we somehow made it there and back despite my faulty sense of direction.  I did take us on a 20 minute joy ride through a part of town I have never been in but that is besides the point.  Ellen had fun at the museum and I am really glad we were able to sqeeze it in.  She also wanted to go to Granddaddy's Chuck E. Cheese and the Asheboro Zoo but we didn't have time :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...