Today marks the 20th day my Grandmother has been in the hospital. While we were at the beach she fell and broke her ankle in 3 places. Since then she has had 2 surgeries, a heart attack, a kidney infection, trouble sleeping, bouts of confusion, issues with her breathing (she is on oxygen) and many other causes for concern. I got to see her the Saturday we got back from the beach and she was doing okay. She had a large contraption on her leg holding the bones in place (this was prior to surgery). She has been in a lot of pain and I feel so bad for her. Rehab isn't even an option. She has good days and bad days, but mostly bad. She knows she is dying. My Mom and Aunt Diane, who are having an especially difficult time, are in the process of looking for a nursing home that offers the care my Grandma needs.
My Mom and Grandma were watching a show on HGTV over the weekend when my Grandma started talking about me. Turns out she thought I was the girl on the show and she was very impressed with my designs.
I love my Grandma.
1 comment:
Will be praying for her, Alaina. I love how you love your family. You are a treasure to them.
Post a Comment