We spent most of the weekend at home. Ellen and I didn't leave the house at all on Saturday and Phillip only stepped out long enough to make a quick run to the grocery store. We ate a hearty breakfast and then settled in for a day of playing, watching TV, laundry, napping, wrapping presents and more playing. Ellen wore her Cinderella dress for the majority of the day (she cried when we made her take it off to eat lunch and dinner). She danced and pranced around the house like nobody's business. We had our first official game night which included playing Kerplunk, Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. Phillip would be outraged if I failed to mention that he won every game (and we played Kerplunk several times). And he might be further outraged if I failed to mention that I lost every single game, as in I came in last place every single time. I can't believe Ellen beat me at Kerplunk; she pulled those sticks out with reckless abandon.
We got out a little more on Sunday but Ellen took an unusually late nap so we didn't follow our normal evening routine.
My shopping and wrapping are done but I have yet to tackle Christmas cards. I haven't even bought them yet! I need to get a move on.
-------------------------------------------------------
A little about Ellen:
She likes to read to us while pretending she is the teacher and we are the students. It is so funny!
Pocahontas = Pocus-haunt-us
Raja (the tiger in Aladdin) = Elijah (she can say Raja but for some reason she always reverts back to Elijah)
She calls short sleeves "up sleeves". A recent development, not sure where this came from.
"A peanut butter sandwich is not a snack"
Me: Are you dry? (referring to her pull up)
Ellen: Probably
"I got poop on the [toilet] seat. I can't believe it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment