Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I don't usually start a load of laundry in the middle of the night

Ellen called out "Mommy" around 4:00 this morning.  Phillip went to check on her and then came back to bed letting me know she was okay.  A few minutes later she called for me again.  I go into her room and as I am about to lay down next to her she calmly tells me that she peed in the bed (her pull up leaked).  I call for back up.  Phillip cleans her up while I take the wet bedding to the laundry room.  We let her get in bed with us for the remainder of the "night".  I finally get comfortable about 20 minutes before the alarm goes off.

This might not have been so bad if Ellen had not woken up around 4:00 am the "night" before.  That time she was just talking and singing.  She got in bed with us then too (where she continued to talk and sing). Sleeping, or trying to sleep, with Ellen is not fun.  She is a talker and a crowder.  I don't sleep well when I have to share my pillow with someone (4 pillows in the bed and she has to sleep on mine... with me).

Two nights in a row of interrupted sleep are starting to take its toll.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...