Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finally!

Ahhhh, December.  Welcome.  I think this is going to be a good month.  We are almost done with our holiday shopping.  And by we, I really just mean me.  Phillip helps in his own way but I gladly take on the brunt of this task.  It isn't always fun but it is always worth it come Christmas time.  There ended up being a slight mix up with the name drawing we do with the extended family on my Mom's side but we got it worked out.  I am thinking the making of a master list might be in order for next year.

Our Christmas plans include car travel, as they do every year.  I am not a huge fan of being cooped up in a car but I do love going home.  This will be my first time on a road trip with Ellen since she has been officially potty trained.  She did well at Thanksgiving so I am banking on a repeat performance.  Make me proud baby girl, make me proud.

I originally thought I was going to have a week and a half off at Christmas but I ended up giving back some of my days so I can roll the maximum amount of vacation hours allowed (40) to next year.  I feel better knowing I have a few days to work with in case we get a lot of bad winter weather or Ellen gets sick.  You just never know what might happen.

We will celebrate Christmas here on December 18th.  We decided the Saturday before Christmas is an all around good day to open presents (since it worked out well for us last year we are making this a family tradition).  I don't think Ellen will mind it if Santa comes to Tennessee a week early.

Not only is Davis-Kidd closing (sad face), the Hallmark in the mall is also going out of business.  I have been keeping tabs on the discounts being offered as they both liquidate... Davis-Kidd is currently at 20-30% off and Hallmark is 20-50% off everything in the store.  I have my eye on a few things at both stores but I am waiting for the next price break.

We are enjoying listening to Christmas music on the radio as we ride around town.  And by we, I mean me and Ellen.  Phillip is a bit of a Scrooge and is not a huge fan of Christmas music.  Speaking of such matters/character flaws, Ellen watched The Grinch Who Stole Christmas last night for the first time.  She loves the book and really enjoyed seeing the story come to life on TV.  I just love that Cindy Lou Who.

Happy Whitt's Wednesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...