Friday, December 3, 2010

Tastes like chicken

This was the featured recipe at Publix over the weekend ("I have something good", as our Publix cooking lady always says).  It was tasty!  I ate everything on my little sample plate, which included the pasta dish and Caesar salad, and considered trying to sneak more.  I knew this would be the perfect welcome home dinner for Phillip and Ellen.  It is so nice that they pull all of the ingredients and put them right next to the cooking station.  Very convenient.


Corkscrew Blue Pasta with Chicken and Tomato (Serves 4)

4 1/2 cups corkscrew pasta (I used Mueller's)
4 tbs Kerrygold garlic herb butter (you can buy this by the stick)
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 package (10 oz) Tyson grilled chicken breast strips (already cooked)
4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (I used Publix brand)

Prepare pasta following package instructions.

Preheat large stockpot on medium-low for 2-3 minutes.  Place butter, tomatoes and chicken in pot; cook 2-3 minutes or until butter melts and chicken is hot (remove from heat until pasta is cooked and drained).

Stir pasta and cheese into chicken mixture.  Serve.

You can used any shaped pasta
You can use Parmesan or Asiago cheese instead of Gorgonzola
Bread, salad and steamed broccoli make great sides

I only made one adjustment to the recipe:  I diced half of a small onion and cooked it with the butter/tomato/chicken (I would have used more but that was all I had on hand).

We all 3 liked this pasta (especially Phillip) and it was really easy to make.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...