Thursday, June 1, 2017

Animal Kingdom 2017

We had a great day at Animal Kingdom.

We were there for rope drop.

We ate lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue.  The barbecue cheese fries were excellent.

Phillip and Lilly got soaked on Kali River Rapids.  Thankfully I had a change of clothes for her in our handy dandy backpack.  Glad Ellen and I decided not to risk it!

We were kind of all over the place, which is what I try to avoid.  We missed out on Rafiki's Planet Watch but did almost everything else we wanted to do.  No one wanted to ride Dinosaur this year so we skipped that one altogether.

We had horrible seats for the Festival of the Lion King.  Next time we either need to get a FastPass for it or plan to get there early and wait it out.

Highlights: Meeting Minnie and Mickey, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari (we had a great guide)

Notes I jotted down throughout the day...


...






Lilly rode Expedition Everest 3 times.  I was one and done.













Pocahontas invited Lilly to her village to play hide and seek :)


















Ellen happened to have a park map in her hand when she walked up to Pluto and Goofy.  Goofy had her open it and started pointing to different places on the map.  It was cute.















Phillip and the girls swam while I showered and got ready to head back to AK for Rivers of Light.
Yes, Ellen wears her glasses in the pool. :)




I waited more than 2 hours so you can imagine how disappointed I was when they announced the show was cancelled.  I remained hopeful even after several announcements about it being delayed.  Now we have a reason to come back.  


...

Up Next: Epcot

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...