--------------------
This just about sums up the level of our communication these days. And we only speak by text.
Me: Rocking out to Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror
Phillip: I'm jealous
Me: Naturally
Phillip: Is he asking you to change your ways?
Me: Begging me
And he likes to send me pictures of popcorn (his office has a popcorn maker).
Oh how the mighty have fallen.
--------------------
Ellen is enjoying summer so far. Same routine but a welcomed change of pace. There aren't as many kids at school (I think she enjoys the smaller class size), Kona Ice comes every other Thursday, every Friday is water day and they have special activities planned throughout the summer months. Tomorrow is Doughnuts for Dad in honor of Father's Day (Phillip is going to take the girls) and she is having a picnic lunch. The Children's Academy is also having a luau next Friday and we are looking forward to a fun evening with our daycare friends.
Ellen is excited about "going to the beach" in a few weeks although she doesn't particularly care for the beach itself. She just wants to see her cousins, Aunt Andrea (+1), Uncle Caleb, Grandmother and Granddaddy. And she can't wait to swim!
--------------------
I ordered Ellen's Wrap Pack over the weekend... her school supplies for Kindergarten. I could have gone out and bought everything on the list myself but a few of the items are hard to find and the teachers really encouraged us parents to buy the Wrap Pack. Sold! One less thing for me to worry about.
--------------------
Ellen learned the word bed a few weeks ago and started writing it (on everything) as if it is part of her name. She sometimes throws apple into the mix. Funny girl.
--------------------
"Cool out" is Ellen's way of saying chill out/hang out. Watching TV while drinking milk, to be more specific. Cooling out is usually on her To Do list when we have a stay at home day.
--------------------
Lilly is five months old as of yesterday. We are her biggest fans. I need to come up with a new word to describe her because although she is (and everything she does is) sweet, precious, cute and adorable, I have used those adjectives so many times already :) We sure do love our Lilly!
--------------------
Me: Did you see Lilly at school today? (Ms. Eady wrote on Lilly's daily sheet that she got to see big sister, which is rare)
Ellen: Yes. Ms. Eady held Lilly up so I could tickle her.
Me: I bet she was happy to see you. Did she smile?
Ellen: No, she just had her regular face (proceeded to show me by giving me a blank look with her lips poked out a little - pretty accurate)
No comments:
Post a Comment