Ellen and I decided to bake something out of the Disney Princess cookbook she got for Christmas. As we looked through the recipes, the choice became clear... Belle's Dainty Cupcakes it would be. We made a list, went to the grocery store and once home, got straight to work (we also got haircuts and ate lunch at Chick-fil-A while we were out). The recipe was quick and easy and about 20 minutes later we were ready to pop the cupcakes in the oven. The plan was for Ellen to take a nap while they baked and cooled. And she did.
My thoughts during this process were as follows:
Let's hope these taste better than they smell
Let's hope these taste better than they look
I don't think we should eat these
Maybe Ellen will forget all about them while she's sleeping
I hope she's not disappointed
What a waste! (Except it wasn't really. We had fun.)
Ellen was ready to make the icing as soon as she woke up. I decided the show must go on. Why quit now? We only iced one cupcake and she ate about half of it. She downed a glass of milk immediately afterwards and then went merrily on her way.
I call that a success.
Here are a few pictures from when our hopes were high (not pictured: a sleeping Lilly):
No comments:
Post a Comment