Thursday, May 2, 2013

Nothing a little syrup can't fix


Lilly and I are home today.  Pesky fever.  It might be teething.  It might be something more.  As I was picking out the perfect bananas at the grocery store this morning, she pointed toward the deli and made the sign for eat.  I think she is going to be okay.  We are taking it easy.  We are alternating Tylenol and Motrin.  We are watching George Jones' funeral* (we have both been crying but for different reasons).  We are playing.  We are doing all of the things she wants to do.

This is the second time in two weeks Lilly and I have had the day to ourselves.  Let's not make this a habit, girl.

*I am not a fan of country music and although I had heard of George Jones, I couldn't tell you a thing about him or his music.  For some reason I started watching the live coverage of his funeral this morning and found myself singing along to the hymns and crying my little eyes out (and now I can't stop crying).

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Hope Lilly is better soon! I don't know anything about George Jones either, except that he lived in Lakeland when he was married to Tammy Wynette and their house is just down the road from our neighborhood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...