We had a great weekend!
Saturday: We did our usual breakfast, gymnastics, grocery store, lunch, housework, play at home, nap (Lilly) routine. And then Laurie came over and watched the girls so Phillip and I could go to the movies, a rare treat. We saw Mud (we liked it). Afterwards we picked up Arby's and ate a quick dinner in the car (classy!) It was nice to spend time together away from home, away from the girls and escape the stresses of life for a few hours. Thanks Laurie!
Phillip unintentionally but audibly passed gas during the climax of the movie - a quiet, reflective scene. The guy in front of us kind of jumped, the people behind and beside us squirmed uncomfortably in their seats. And this was just a few minutes after his phone dinged indicating he received a text. I was so embarrassed! I would have bailed if he wasn't my ride. We laughed all the way home. I can't remember the last time we laughed so hard and we laugh a lot!
Sunday: Besides the day starting at 5:50 a.m. (we made breakfast and had time to watch Madagascar 3 before church) and the sweet mother-daughter picture that never came to be, these three goofballs made Mother's Day extra special this year. Cards, flowers, hugs, handmade gifts, beautiful weather, special treatment, a nap... I got it all.
And I watched 3 episodes of Married to Jonas.
So much can happen in a day, especially on the weekends when we are all home together. So many memorable moments. So much fun! I have to work the next two Saturdays for various reasons (and I worked the last Saturday in April and the first Saturday in May) and that is why it is so hard to be away. I don't want to miss a thing.

1 comment:
You guys crack me up. You are perhaps the best-matched couple I've ever known! Happy Mother's Day!! ... I TOLD you you'd make a great mom! ;o)
Post a Comment