We had a good Memorial Day weekend. I had to work Saturday but I was off Friday so I had three days off like most everyone else, just not three in a row. While I was at the office, shivering, Phillip and the girls went to two different parks and to Sonic during happy hour - lucky! We spent the majority of Sunday and Monday at home, which was a good thing. We worked around the house but also played Old Maid, built with Legos, put up the tent Nana and Grandpa gave us a couple of Christmases ago, played outside, grilled hot dogs and Bubba Burgers and we even got to FaceTime with my Grandma in West Virginia!
Tonight was our last Wednesday night meal at church for a while (they take a break during the summer). We have really enjoyed eating with Matt, Rachel and Wyatt every Wednesday for the past few months. It is always a mad rush to pick up both girls, run by the house to feed the dogs and let them out and make it to church by 5:45, but it is always worth it. For the mini chocolate and pecan pies alone, it is worth it!
Lilly will be moving to a new classroom at daycare starting Monday. She isn't going far, just next door to Bright Beginnings 5 with Ms. Green, but we are really going to miss Ms. Medley. Those first teachers/caregivers, Ms. Eady and Ms. Medley for Lilly and Ms. Finch and Ms. Dyer for Ellen, will always hold a special place in my heart.
Ellen's summer day camp started yesterday and so far so good. It doesn't feel like "summer break" but I am working on convincing myself that this is the next best thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment