Thursday, May 30, 2013

Caught somewhere between "It's still May?" and "I can't believe it's almost June!"

June has always been a busy month for us and this year is no exception.  We have Vacation Bible School, my mom's birthday, Father's Day, Ellen's going to North Carolina for a week, our 10 year wedding anniversary, my 34th birthday, Carol Terry's annual Garden Party, my sister's birthday and a luau at The Children's Academy.

And we usually have our family vacation in June but it is going to be in July again this year, which may be our new thing.  Someone get back to me on that.

And just in case we don't have enough going on, my job is going to be changing... again.  It should be a temporary move but that fact that I would be moved temporarily in the first place seems strange.  I am handling the news surprisingly well (new details are emerging daily).  I am only being a little bit weird about it.  You would be so proud!  I guess when you are struggling in most every other aspect of your life a change at work doesn't seem so bad.  Silver lining.

Ellen is back to dancing in the kitchen while watching Angelina Ballerina on the iPad.  Phillip, the ever supportive father, said "I thought she was done with that" in a tone that suggested he wished she was done with that... yes, he was talking to me but Ellen was also in the room.  Let's not discourage the children, dear.

Lilly is a little firecracker.  I think she is going to be our risk-taker.  She is not at all timid like Ellen was, and still is at times.  We hardly did any baby-proofing for Ellen, only enough to keep up appearances, but I can already tell Lilly is going to give us a run for our money.

Photo courtesy of Phillip McCullough, taken a few weeks ago

Just one reason I am not a huge fan of summer...
Phillip:  You're sweaty
Me:  Yes, from now until at least mid-October

Even though it has been a short work week, I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Glad you're rolling with the punches and will be praying your new job situation works well for you. Admire you so much for all you do for your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...