Friday, September 7, 2012

She let the bed bugs bite

Ellen got some sort of bug or spider bite on her lower right leg over the weekend.  Fast forward a few days... she is now on an antibiotic for the next 10 days (well, 8 days).  It went from bad to worse all in a day's time.  Her legs were two different sizes when I picked her up from school Wednesday afternoon.  It was obviously infected (before it was just red and her leg was a little puffy) and I knew she needed medical attention.  The doctor had to drain it.  Not quite the "They will just look at it, honey" I had promised.  She is doing fine and although the doctor and nurse both assured me that there was nothing I could have done to prevent this from happening, not the bite but the infection, I still feel bad about the whole situation.  And maybe a little paranoid/confused/concerned.  Do all insect bites lead to copays and doctor visits?  Needles and prescriptions?  If so, I think we will be staying indoors for a while (that is assuming she got bit outside, and I must believe this in order to sleep at night).

She got to wear a cool purple bandage and "everybody in the whole school" asked her what happened (she's since been downgraded to a band aid and neosporin).  It's the little things.



--------------------

Me:  You were so brave.
Ellen:  Even though I cried?
Me:  Yes, even though you cried.

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Ouch! Yes, Ellen, you are very brave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...