Saturday, September 8, 2012

A place for everything, everything in its place

Ellen got her last book from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library (Books from Birth) yesterday.  Age 5 is the cutoff.  It made me a little sad.  Dolly's note on the inside cheered me up :)  It really was a nice letter.  Good thing we still have a ways to go with Lilly.

Ellen sneezed on the way to school yesterday morning.  I am sick and have been sneezing a lot so I asked if she was feeling okay (I do not want the girls to get sick).  She said, "Yes.  Just my morning sneeze".

It makes me laugh as I think back to Ellen laying on the table in the doctor's office (the bug bite incident), clearly worried about what was going to happen to her leg, squeezing my hand and looking up at me... and Lilly (who I was holding).  That image just seems so funny to me now.  I wonder what Ellen was thinking.  Lilly was right there in the thick of things, taking it all in.  They both did great!

Phillip and I went to the movies last Sunday afternoon.  Together!  Date night, or date afternoon, is one of many nice things about my parents being in town.  We saw The Bourne Legacy.  We enjoyed the movie just as much as we enjoyed being out and about, just the two of us.  Anyone want to come visit so Phillip and I can go out again?

My parents kindly brought us these old bookshelves they were not longer using (yet another nice thing about them coming to see us).  We really needed tall storage (we moved the existing smaller shelves between the windows in the office).  They are a work in progress but I can't help but think a place for everything, everything in its place every time I look at them (the Whole Foods box is temporary but I do hope to find one or two baskets similar in size, maybe a little smaller, in which to store board games).


Ellen really wants to be a bus rider.  They have a color coding system and she knows what "color" bus each of her friend's ride.  Maybe one day her dream will come true.

I re-registered to vote! (I took a few elections off but now I am back in business)

Ellen has been eating breakfast at school every morning.  As in school cafeteria breakfast.  As in we have been buying school breakfast and lunch every day.  We just found out last week.  If she wasn't eating cinnamon rolls and drinking chocolate milk each morning it might not be a bad thing.

Ellen calls the free samples at the grocery store "examples".  We can't seem to break her of it.

I had to work but Phillip was able to take the girls to Cole's baseball game this afternoon.  I begged and pleaded for him to take a few pictures for me; therefore, he did not.  Playing with Savannah was number one on Ellen's list of favorite things she did today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...