Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Highlights from the hospital




















Seeing Lilly for the first time... all 7 lbs, 11 oz and 19.5 inches of her

Phillip reassuring me that he was smiling behind his hospital mask

Saying "I'm happy" and really meaning it

"After 8:30 tomorrow morning you can pee freely"

Beautiful flowers from Southern Hills

Being with Lilly from birth, throughout my entire recovery and as we were moved to a regular room (a lot has changed since Ellen was born)

Baby noises

Baby smells 

Baby yawns

Baby stretches

Baby sneezes

Being complimented on the size and healthy condition of my umbilical cord - yeah, that was all me

Losing Lilly's pacifier only to discover later it was caught in the sleeve of her dress the whole time (we looked all over the place for that thing!)

Visitors

Little hands and feet, long fingers and toes

Big sister and little sister meeting for the first time

"Babies have the cleanest bottoms in town"

Phillip and I sharing knowing glances, most of which translated to mean "this is amazing"

Mom trying to convince me she was awake

Lilly's poopfest her very first night in the hospital

These stockings that I had to wear the entire time I was in the hospital (to prevent blood clots)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...