Besides sweets and presents, the way to win me over is acts of kindness or dare I say it… chores. Phillip knows I hate coming home to chaos, especially on the Saturdays I have to work, but I specifically asked him to do a few things while I was gone today and he went above and beyond. He did laundry, changed our sheets, broke down at least 20 boxes so they will be ready to put out with the trash on Wednesday morning, put the Pack N Play together, loaded and ran the dishwasher, found places for a few new kitchen items we got for Christmas, straightened up around the house… and all while entertaining Ellen and wishing he was doing something else J
Almost makes me feel bad for the way I react when he comes home with his hair cut too short. Almost.
--------------------
Phillip: What can I get you for dinner?
Me: I don’t know
Phillip: I can get something started for you
Me: No, that’s okay
Phillip: Do you want a sandwich, soup, yogurt…
Me: I’ll get something in a minute. I had an apple in the car so I’m not all that hungry.
Phillip: Are you sure?
Me: I also had a Twix in the car
Phillip: Truth comes out
1 comment:
No more crying!! Unless they're happy tears! Just stop and think for one second how emotional you get just thinking about Ellen not being a part of your life and know that your new baby girl holds that same role in your life! She is going to be joy joy joy, not to be missed!!! I'm SO excited for you!!! Oh, and your little exchange with Phillip cracked me up!
Post a Comment