Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Innocent until proven guilty

I own very few pieces of good jewelry but what I have is special. Phillip bought me small diamond hoop earrings for Valentines Day the first year we were married and I have worn them almost every day since (I sometimes sleep and shower in them too). When I do take them off I am not in the habit of always putting them in the same place, so when they first went "missing" I wasn't too worried. I figured they would turn up soon. The last place I remembered seeing them was on my nightstand (I always take them out when I am Ellen's beauty shop victim). Phillip and I both looked for the earrings and asked Ellen several different times if she had seen them. She said no. After a few days of searching... that is when I started to worry.

Phillip decided to "think like a kid", which isn't much of a stretch for him (ha!), and look in places Ellen might have put them. She isn't the type to take things like that but we had exhausted all other possibilities. He looked all through her toy baskets and purses. I am not sure why he thought to check the drawer we keep our extra bedding in but good thing he did. My earrings were tucked in the corner under a few folded pillowcases. As soon as he saw them he knew Ellen was the culprit... and she admitted that she had put them "in a special place so Mommy couldn't find them so it would be a surprise". Phillip told Ellen that the surprise was on her because based on her initial reaction, he thinks she may have forgotten about putting them there. I really wish I had been in the room with them when he found the earrings. On my way upstairs I overheard part of their conversation and it was so funny (I could tell Ellen thought she had done something nice for me).

I am now very careful with all of my rings and earrings. I don't want anymore surprises :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...