Last night I made tuna salad for me and Ellen (Phillip thinks he doesn't like it but I don't see how anyone could not like tuna). We only had baby carrots so I took a small paring knife and quickly sliced one of them up to mix in the tuna. Ellen was sitting on the counter helping me stir in the mustard and mayonnaise. I told her that Grandmother is the best carrot chopper. She can chop a carrot into perfect, tiny squares. The same with celery, which she also puts in her tuna. My mom can also peel an apple like nobody else I know. I like telling Ellen special things about people in our family, even little things like how good they are at chopping carrots and peeling apples. I need to remember to do it more often, especially now that she is getting older.
This is the week my family is on vacation without us. I am sure tuna sandwiches were enjoyed by all after spending long hours on the beach and at the pool, possibly on more than one occasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment