Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A real self-esteem booster

Phillip and I were on the verge of being late to work one morning last week so I dropped myself off at the front of our building so I could run in while he parked (I drive us to work and Phillip drives us home). I quickly exited the car and headed for the sidewalk. As I was running, the button on my pants popped off (with force) and landed in the middle of the street. I looked back, saw the button and yelled out "my button!", but I was in such a hurry that I kept going, leaving Phillip standing in the road looking at me like I was crazy. Later we briefly discussed the incident by text:

Me: Don't tell your friends the button on my pants popped off like in the Subway commercials

Phillip: But not for the same reasons. Yours popped off because you were running to work.

Me: Equally as sad

-------------------------

In conclusion...
  • I was not late for work
  • Phillip did not find my button (I think he was confused)
  • I could have been in that Subway commercial, no special effects required
  • I could be rolling in the dough because of my rolls

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

You crack me up. And from the pics I've seen, I'd love to be able to wear your pant size!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...