Although we keep Ellen's TV watching to a minimum, we have started introducing her to some Disney movies that we think she might like. I have seen several of the "princess" movies in their entirety but haven't watched very many of the other Disney films. Phillip has seen a lot more kid movies than me but he also has 3 younger siblings and grew up in a TV/movie-loving family. In addition to the 3 movies we own (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and The Frog Princess) and checking out Alice in Wonderland from the library last week, we recently got The Jungle Book and Peter Pan on Netflix. It is fun watching movies with Ellen, especially the ones she has read about (we have a big Disney storybook). She asks a ton of questions, the same ones over and over again, and doesn't have a very long attention span... she will need a crash course in movie theater etiquette when the time comes for sure.
While Phillip and Ellen were watching Alice in Wonderland on Friday afternoon she told him, "I don't want to see Alice get big and cry". I guess that scene made a lasting impression on her, she had only seen it once before (but that is a weird part of a weird movie).
Looking forward to some of my favorites being released from the Disney vault. I think Beauty and The Beast comes out in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment