Thursday, June 7, 2018

Disney World 2018: Part 1 (Arrival Day)


Friday, May 18th was mostly a travel day. We ended up driving to Orlando, but spoiler alert: milk was a bad choice (Anchorman reference that only Phillip will get but makes me laugh and was the first thing that came to mind so I have to go with it #betruetoyourself).

Our original trip dates were May 19th-May 26th but we decided to add a night at a resort as opposed to staying in a random hotel along the way (and while we were making changes, we decided to add Saturday as a park day). Unfortunately, Pop Century was booked solid for the 18th, but we were able to snag a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation (which is right next to Pop).

We left home at 5:00 a.m. We had a good trip. I can't remember the exact time of our arrival, I think it was around 5:00, but we checked in, unloaded, explored a little, ate dinner at the food court and then let the girls swim.

The dark clouds were looming...


... but we had a few friends waiting for us on the inside.










We stayed in the Ariel building
























Ellen wanted to know if her handstands were straight :)












...

I took similar pictures last year (walked over from Pop Century to check out the resort) but this was our first time staying at Art of Animation. The theming is spectacular! I never made it over to the Cars section but I've heard it's also really neat.

...

Next Up: Magic Kingdom, Transition to Pop Century and Rain

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...