Ellen is having a great year so far (this is only her second full week but the reviews have been positive). We are very pleased with her teachers, Mrs. Roney and Ms. Whaley. We missed Popsicles on the Patio (the girls and I were in Asheville) but I got to meet them both at Parent Orientation on Monday night. Mrs. Roney is Ellen's homeroom teacher. She teaches reading, writing and grammar. Ellen goes to Ms. Whaley's classroom in the afternoons. She teaches math, science and social studies.
She has the same five specials: Library/Guidance (M), P.E. (Tues/Thurs), Music (W) and Art (F). She goes to lunch at 12:40 - the latest in the building!
One perk of being in second grade... Ellen gets to check out two books at a time from the library as opposed to only one. Another perk is the agenda/planner each student was given. This is used to communicate homework and track behavior (we love it).
She has math and reading homework every night (we signed Ellen up for Homework Club at SACC which meets every afternoon at 4:00 but now I am rethinking that decision). She will have weekly spelling and vocabulary tests.
We retired Ellen's brown polka dot backpack this year (sad face). It got her through kindergarten and first grade just fine but is too small to hold the Trapper Keeper, lunch box, sweater (for use in Ms. Whaley's room) and other miscellaneous items she totes around every day.
Ashley, Shiloh and McKenna are a few of the girls Ellen has befriended thus far and there are several familiar faces in her class. She knows Teagan from SACC, Mallory, Conner and Crue from kindergarten and Mason was in Ms. Gildemeister's class with her last year.
That is all I can think of for now.
We are looking forward to another fantastic school year at Heritage Elementary!
Mrs. Roney (first day of school)
I'm not sure who likes Ellen's new backpack more... her or Phillip
Must be Phillip!
(I am not a fan of animal print but I was out-voted 2 to 1)



1 comment:
If you are not an animal print person, do not... I repeat DO NOT come to my house. It may scare you. ;o)
Post a Comment