I don't want to jinx it but Lilly has slept through the night for the past three nights. We put her to bed around 8:30 p.m. and usually don't hear a peep out of her until morning (she sometimes coughs in the night). She had been waking up around 4:00 a.m. to eat - which makes for very long days since there isn't time for us to go back to sleep afterwards. I hope this sticks! I don't like starting my day at 4:00 a.m. We need to feed her around 5:30 on weekday mornings anyway so it's only 1.5 hours more, but what a difference that extra sleep makes.
The girls had school pictures taken on Tuesday, their first "professional" sibling photo shoot :), and Ellen had graduation pictures yesterday. I am excited to see them, especially the ones of Ellen in her cap and gown. She graduates on May 18th. The 10 best signers (sign language) get to be on the front row during that part of the program so we have been practicing the alphabet at home. She has a ways to go :)
We changed out the nipples on Lilly's bottles this week. She went from stage 1 (0-3 months) to stage 2 (3 months +). It cuts about 10 minutes off her feeding time. She was ready for a faster flow but we were hesitant to make the switch due to her reflux... she has done well so far. We also decided to try regular Enfamil and she is tolerating it like a champ (well, a champ with reflux). Go Lilly!
Lilly's favorite activities at school include tummy time, sitting in the bumbo and being in the exersaucer (they stuff blankets around her so she is stable). She is such an active little thing! We don't have a bumbo but we do have an exersaucer - it might be time to get it out of storage.
Our precious Lilly is growing and changing by the minute! She is wearing 3-6 month clothes, almost in size 2 diapers (finishing up our last size 1's) and drinks 6 oz. of formula at a time (and seems to want more!).
Mother of the year sent Ellen to school with spaghetti sauce for lunch. Just sauce, no noodles. I grabbed the wrong container. I also sent the leftover lima beans instead of the smaller portion I had set aside. Crazy thing is she ate half of that sauce and almost all of the limas (way to get that daily fiber!). Ms. Puckett asked her if she ate just sauce at home and she said yes but that sometimes she has noodles with it too. For the record, we never have just sauce! I can't believe I did that.
Ellen and Lilly are so sweet together. Ellen is very loving. She does get frustrated when Lilly cries but insead of saying "hush" in a semi-aggravated tone, she now says "I know you can't help it but please stop crying". I guess our little talk worked :)
Life continues to be an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment