Last week was nuts at work. I am helping prepare for an audit for the first time and I now realize just how much work is involved. I worked late, took short lunches, came in Saturday, dreamed about work, got horrible headaches, bit my nails even more than usual, ate way too much and even resorted to drinking an energy drink (Phillip pulled me to the dark side). I know a lot of people work long hours, have strict deadlines, take work home with them, lose sleep over projects, stress-eat, etc. but if you knew what a typical day/week was like for me, you would know that this is not a part of my "normal". I work 40 hours, I am moderately busy, I always take my allotted hour for lunch, I come home and don't think or talk or dream about work. Last week was a challenge but I came away feeling proud of what I was able to accomplish. With the audit in full swing, this week is going to be even busier but hopefully less self-destructive.
Forget about work, I have a party to plan! We still have a lot to do to get ready for Ellen's big day (and the list keeps growing). Phillip's parents are coming on Thursday, mine will be here Friday afternoon and Andrea and the kids fly in Saturday morning. This is the first time both of our families will be here at the same time to celebrate Ellen's birthday. We are looking forward to celebrating this special day with our loved ones.
2 comments:
Hannah is so sad she can't come. We hope that your party is wonderful!!! Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! :-)
So glad Andrea is coming with her family! I know it makes it so much more special. Sorry work is stressful. Fun to have a party to look forward to!
Post a Comment