Monday, August 9, 2010

Life Goes On

It was nice having a 4 day weekend but I am worn out from the craziness of the last 6 days. We all are. Ellen is back at school and we are both back at work so it appears we will have a normal week.

Phillip and I went to see The Other Guys Friday night after Ellen went to bed. Thanks to Laurie we are able to sneak off every once in a while after Ellen is down for the night. We wanted to see Inception (which Phillip already saw but wanted to see again) but it didn't start until 9:30 and that was just too late for me. The Other Guys was okay, we both laughed a lot. It was a good stress reliever.

We had a productive weekend despite dealing with a demon possessed child. I was able to do some tax free clothes shopping for Ellen, bought almost everything we need for her party (besides food) and I wrapped her birthday presents. I figured we shopped in advance so we might as well get it organized in advance. Phillip is a little jealous of all this preparation and is quick to remind me that his birthday is before Ellen's. I think he is secretly hoping I have presents hidden away for him like I do for Ellen.

We were going a little stir crazy Saturday afternoon so we headed to the Williamson County Fair. They have a great interactive farming exhibit for kids. Ellen was still not quite herself but she had fun. Her favorite part was seeing/feeding the animals. She really wanted to "ride something" but we didn't buy any tickets. It was hot, hot, hot so we only stayed a couple of hours.

I organized Ellen's closet Sunday afternoon while the little monster took a nap in our bed. If the pants she wore last year fit her again this year I may end up taking back some of the ones I bought on Saturday and exchanging them for long sleeved shirts. I should have looked through her clothes before I went shopping (duh). I didn't have a chance to have her try them on but I am also hoping last years fall/winter pajamas still fit her.

After cleaning out her closet I decided to rearrange her room. We didn't remove any furniture so the options were limited, but it looks good and Ellen likes it (we decided to keep the changing table but will probably take it out in a few months). Once she starts sleeping in the full bed we plan to get new bedding and new accessories. I like her room the way it is now but it could use more color and personality.

A funny thing happened this weekend while I was cleaning our bathroom. Ellen overheard me singing Lord My Desire and asked what I was singing. I started the song over, "Lord my desire, is to be like you..." and she said "Me?!"  I held it together but I was laughing hard on the inside. I explained what the song meant but I am not sure she caught on. Just another reminder that she doesn't miss a thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...