Thursday, August 19, 2010

Proud Mama and Papa

Ellen is doing great with potty training and we are so proud. She didn't have any accidents over the weekend and hasn't had any this week so far. One funny to me but frustrating for Phillip incident... Phillip and Ellen were browsing in Game Stop on Saturday and Ellen said she needed to go potty. Phillip drove her to Target to go to the bathroom. She didn't go. They get all the way back to the car and she tells him she needs to potty. They go back into Target and she pees. This happens sometimes when we are out, it takes two trips to the bathroom before she will finally go. That means she touches all the nasty surfaces twice. And believe me she touches EVERYTHING. We are working on this.

It seems like we have been busy lately and haven't had a lot of sit on the floor and play time. Ellen's increased interest in watching TV has also cut down on our playing. Our weekday schedule is pretty much set in stone but I hope we can slow down this weekend and spend quality time together at home. It is different having another person living with us. We aren't doing the same things we used to do and I miss our old routine/life. I am not exactly sure why, maybe because I had a mental breakdown as a result, but everything changed when Laurie moved in and I desperately wish we could go back and relive our summer.

Here is Ellen cutting paper on Monday evening, one of her favorite things to do. This is what I want to remember when I look back on this time in Ellen's life. Being home together, in the same room, talking and playing, laughing - this is where I want to be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...