Since Phillip's truck is in the shop and today was my day off for having to work this Saturday, I ended up taking Phillip to work so I could have the car. This morning I did some much needed cleaning which included loading and then running the dishwasher. I just happened to go into the kitchen a little while after starting the dishwasher and much to my surprise, it was like a winter wonderland. I immediately turned off the dishwasher and sopped up the water and suds with kitchen towels and some paper towels. In hindsight, I should have ran upstairs and grabbed a few bath towels. I rinsed and rewashed all of the dishes from the dishwasher and then tried running it again to see what would happen. More suds. When we got home this afternoon Phillip removed the drain cover to see what was going on. It all looked okay to us, but what do we know? He ended up getting it to drain (the bottom was still filled with water). He ran it without detergent for a while and it seemed to be working properly. We will test it on a full wash cycle this weekend. I am so thankful that I went into the kitchen when I did and so thankful that we probably don't need a new dishwasher. Phillip's truck is costing over $800 to fix and there is no way we can also afford a dishwasher.
On our way to pick up Phillip this afternoon, Ellen and I stopped off at my office so I could "show her off like a little show dog" as Phillip so eloquently stated when I told him we were going to run by work. Since we don't live close to work she has only been there a few times. She was shy at first but gradually let her guard down. It was fun watching her interact with my co-workers. I could tell she liked the attention.
Now that Ellen is bathed and tucked snuggly in her bed, I am ready to crash. Long day.
No comments:
Post a Comment