Ellen is into everything and everyone's business these days. And she is all about doing things by herself. Just a few days ago she was still asking for help a lot, but now she says "Ellen do it" and gets mad when we try to help. She hasn't been eating that great lately at meal time but is always up for a snack. This is a little frustrating but we just keep offering her a variety of healthy foods and let her eat some of what she likes as well (within reason). She's really into peanut butter crackers right now. Speaking of snacks, I have been munching on Fritos at work the past few days (leftover from a party we had) and I can't stop! I don't have a ton of food weaknesses, but I do like chips a little too much.
Ellen moved up to the 2 year old class at church this past Sunday. I think it went ok. She has been more clingy lately and us leaving her is starting to get a reaction. She cried 2 mornings last week when I dropped her off at school which is very unusual. It made me so sad! Thankfully no tears this week.
I need to video her singing the ABC's. Of course we think it is very cute. She is definitely a little singer and dancer. We especially love watching her dance!
We have really been working with Ellen on learning her colors. She isn't very consistent, but almost always knows orange and purple. It is funny because she guesses when she doesn't know and green is her usual guess. Sometimes white. Side note: when she colors with a white crayon on white paper she says "broken". Her favorite number is 14 :)
Play-doh, or play-dohs as Ellen says, is her new favorite thing. A lady at church recently asked me if Ellen liked play-doh and I was kind of at a loss for words. We had never played with it at home but only because I never wanted to deal with the mess! I didn't tell her that, but it did make me think about why we had never introduced her to this fun, cheap activity. So last weekend I bought her an activity bucket with 4 small containers of play-doh and a few animal shapes and it is all she wants to do now. One of her teachers also gave her some for her birthday. She doesn't try to eat it, it doesn't cause a lot of mess and she likes it... so it is all good.
The time has come to say goodbye to the pacifiers. Ellen doesn't know this yet, but soon she will be sleeping without her trusted companion. I am not sure how this is going to go, but I am hoping it will only take a few days or so for her to get used to the change. Do they make a patch for this?
2 comments:
Good luck giving up the pacifier! We did it last week with our kids that just turned 2. After 1 horrible nighttime and one horrible naptime, my son has done fing going to sleep. My daughter on the other hand is still struggling to go to sleep without it. Their sleeping has definitely been affected. Their naps aren't as long and they are getting up earlier. Hopefully with time things will go back to normal. Hope your transition goes well! Ellen is a cutie!
We made Wesley give up sleeping with his binky cold turkey, and he did fine (but he'd only been allowed to have it while in bed for a year by then). It was rough the first night or two, but overall an easy transition. We didn't take it away until he turned 3 though (you're one tough cookie! ;o) ), and we talked about it coming up a lot ahead of time. And he was super excited about his birthday party, and he saw having a party and giving up the binky as a package deal... all part of turning 3. So the excitement of the party helped. Maybe you can think of something fun to get Ellen pumped about to distract her!
Post a Comment