Friday, June 17, 2016
Final Thoughts - A Short Disney Recap
I don't know why going to Disney World was so important to me. Some people aspire to do great things. I just wanted to go to Disney World with my family. There are a million other vacation spots. I'm not a Disney fanatic per se. It's pricey. Everyone does it. But it's still something I have been wanting to do for a long time. (We've been before, a day here and there, but not a full-on Disney vacation. And not since Lilly was born.)
I am embarrassed to admit this but I went through major withdrawal the first few weeks we were back. (Is post-Disney depression a thing?)
...
I am so proud of Ellen and Lilly! Disney World can break you if you let it. All of the walking and the waiting. The heat. The crowds. It's a lot to deal with. And Lilly didn't nap all week. She hung in there like a champ. We had our moments but no major incidents occurred. Well done, family!
...
Staying on Disney property was expensive but I think it was worth it. The resort was beautiful (the room itself was just okay but the overall experience was great). The girls loved the pool. I am glad we chose to do the meal plan but we did not get our money's worth. This had nothing to do with the plan itself - it was totally our fault (we will know better next time). And this is just my opinion, but I think one or two character meals would have been plenty.
...
Park Favorites:
Magic Kingdom - It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mad Tea Party, The Barnstormer
Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania!, Frozen Sing-Along, Star Tours, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Muppet*Vision 3D
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest, It's Tough to be a Bug!, Festival of the Lion King
Epcot - Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, Soarin'
...
A not-so-fun fact: motion sickness got the best of me on Space Mountain, the very first ride we rode. I knew then and there I was not going to be able to go on certain rides. But don't worry, I did not let that spoil the fun :)
...
Favorite Characters:
Lilly loved Goofy and Pluto. Who knew?
Ellen liked Tinkerbell and Donald Duck the best.
Phillip enjoyed seeing Chewbacca.
Merida was one of my favorites. She had a lot of spunk.
...
Memorable Moments:
Ellen's made-up jingle - "Mickey's eating a cinnamon roll..."
Lilly's reaction to the characters at Chef Mickey's, our first character meal.
Lunch at The Plaza Restaurant.
Lilly crying at the end of almost every ride because she didn't want it to be over. Besides DINOSAUR (in Animal Kingdom). She did not like that one. Ellen was hesitant to go on certain rides but the same cannot be said for Lilly. She was up for anything - the faster the better.
Lilly singing at the Frozen Sing-Along. (It was really a great show.)
The girls playing in the pool. Ellen is a little fish and Lilly loved that water slide!
Lilly, come get in the stroller.
Nah. My shoes walk fast.
...
Special thanks to Laurie for introducing us the the delicious Dole whip float. Yum x 1000.
...
Ellen and Lilly got out their princess castles and dolls the day after we got back. I guess they were feeling inspired.
...
We are already planning our next trip :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment