Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Wii wish U a merry Christmas, Wii wish U a merry Christmas...

We celebrated Christmas a little early again this year.

We went to sleep Friday night knowing we would be opening presents the next morning, but much to our surprise, Santa had been here too!

The girls got a Wii U (and accessories), Lilly got walkie talkies and Ellen got the My Little Pony castle she really wanted (that Mommy hopes wasn't a waste of Santa's money).

Phillip and I don't typically exchange gifts (mostly because I end up buying us things as I am out shopping) but we decided to join in the fun this year.  He got me a new purse and a Broncos hat.  I got him the Patagonia jacket he really wanted.

Ellen and Lilly spent the afternoon playing with their new toys - so fun!  We met Laurie for dinner at Cheddar's.  We were going to go shopping afterwards, but in all of the excitement, Lilly did not take a nap and it was starting to show.

And then I took down all of the Christmas decorations, tree included, the very next day.  I was in a dark place.

Phillip and the girls leave for North Carolina tomorrow.  We will be spending the holidays apart for the second year in a row.  But Phillip and I will be switching places early next week, so unlike last year, we are both able to spend time at home with family.  I just wish it was together.

Him:  This will be our last unconventional Christmas.

Me:  We said that last year.

I am sad but the past few days have helped lift my spirits.  And we really did have a wonderful Christmas.

---

I didn't get many pictures of the girls unwrapping their gifts (too crazy) but I took a few before and several after.














---

It was a sweet, simple Christmas (which I happen to think is the best kind).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...