Speaking of progress...
1. I am using product in my hair for the first time and loving it (John Freida Frizz Ease Oil Elixir). Also, I started drying my hair again (the one thing I NEVER used to leave home without doing).
2. Phillip has a job interview on Tuesday.
One of those items is more newsworthy than the other but have you seen my hair lately? :)
It is only Week One of our new arrangement, Phillip being a stay at home dad (just in time for the ACC Tournament... coincidence?), but everyone has adjusted surprisingly well to our new (and hopefully very temporary) family dynamic. Even me. He does chores, so... you know.
I have been working a lot. A lot, a lot. Seven Saturdays in a row and picking up time during the week here and there (coming in early, short lunches and staying late). The overtime is nice but I am worn out. They don't call it busy season for nothing!
After being rescheduled twice due to snow and ice, Ellen finally had her program "Make a Difference" this week (Tuesday night). She did a great job. We took a few selfies (mostly bad) while waiting for it to begin. Ellen had one line - Fire. She nailed it (she said flood by mistake during a recent practice (Conner's line) so I was a little worried).
Hallway art
After several days without eating and very limited drinking, thank you aforementioned stomach bug, I decided to go ahead and cut back on my Coke/Diet Coke intake. Doing good so far.
Also because of the stomach bug, a less positive side effect, I am behind - or feel behind - on life in general. Except I did watch six, maybe seven (I lost count), DVR'd episodes of Downton Abbey, including the 2-hour season finale. Phillip is doing all of the things I usually do. (Working so many Saturdays doesn't help either.) I am ready to get back in the driver's seat.
Also because of the stomach bug, a less positive side effect, I am behind - or feel behind - on life in general. Except I did watch six, maybe seven (I lost count), DVR'd episodes of Downton Abbey, including the 2-hour season finale. Phillip is doing all of the things I usually do. (Working so many Saturdays doesn't help either.) I am ready to get back in the driver's seat.
Next week is Spring Break. We cancelled our plans due to Phillip's job situation (I gave my PTO days back) but the good thing about him being off is he can be home with the girls. Silver lining. We just need to come up with some fun activities for them to do or else it is going to be a long week. Side project: Turn Phillip back into the fun dad he once was (Daddy says no, Mommy says yes). He took Lilly to the library today so it's already happening. Progress!


1 comment:
Ugh! So sorry you got the bug! On the upside... love your hair!
Post a Comment