Dove dark chocolate hearts, I need you in my life (but it's probably for the best that the bag I bought Phillip for Valentine's Day is almost gone).
Lilly couldn't reach the toothbrush holder on her bathroom counter using her purple hippo stool so she threw it to the side (literally) and turned the wicker trash can upside down and used it instead. Cheeky snail.
Ellen's mattress pad started falling apart after we washed it last weekend (not sure what happened there) so we had her sleep in Lilly's room until we could replace it. What was going to be one or two nights turned into seven but I finally picked one up at Walmart yesterday afternoon. Ellen is back in her own bed tonight although she probably wouldn't have minded a few more sleepovers with her sister.
Sunday morning iPad time in Lilly's room
While Ellen does her nightly worksheet/reading for school Lilly does her own "homework". She colors or draws on Ellen's old papers. She doesn't miss a beat!
Phillip: You are crazy
Ellen: Don't judge me
Lilly's doesn't know it yet but her pacifier days are coming to an end (starting tomorrow). It's time. But I am feeling kind of sad about it. This is going to be a tough transition for her (and us). The plan is to eliminate all day time usage and only give it to her before bed. There will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Our complimentary passes
We were hoping for a little interaction but the kangaroos had something else in mind... napping (I don't blame them)
Informational signs like this are posted throughout the exhibit
More of the same on the other side. Oh well, maybe next time.
The girls and I rode the Wilderness Express
Lilly kept saying "All aboard!" as we waited our turn but she didn't know what to think once we were settled in the peacock car (being tired and hungry probably didn't help)
The Zebras came over to us. This is the back of their enclosure, only visible from the train. I think they were hiding :)
Aunt Laurie and Ellen are two peas in a pod
Ellen purposefully chose to wear the flamingo shirt Andrea and Caleb got her for Christmas
"Mingos"
One with the goats
She could have stayed here all day
Choosing what animals they wanted to ride while waiting in line for the carousel
Our last stop was the playground. We ran into a family from daycare who we don't get to see very often. When I asked Ellen later that night what she enjoyed most about our day at the zoo she said seeing Sadie.
My favorite part of the day, or favorite line rather:
"I'm not wasting my time on sheep." - Ellen as we made our way around the Grassmere Historic Home and Farm (Fun Fact: That was my first time ever going to that section of our zoo. We need to go back in the Spring/Summer when the gardens are in bloom and all of the animals are out.)
--------------------------------
We washed the cars this afternoon. It was another nice day so we took advantage of the sunshine and the warmer temps (the high is only supposed to be 30 degrees on Wednesday so we are enjoying this while it lasts). Lilly got soaked (her system is flawed) but both girls had fun and the cars got mostly clean :)
The wind blew Ellen's hair into her eyes right as I took this
(Randomly a cold front came through as we started washing my car)
Let it be known I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow!





















1 comment:
So fun! How is the binky extraction going?? Love the sleepover pics... you will probably start finding them in bed together a lot. :o)
Post a Comment