Friday, January 17, 2014

Astigmatism

Ellen needs glasses.  I have mixed feelings about this.  I hate wearing glasses!  But she is very excited and she does look really cute in them (vanity for the win) so maybe this will go better than I thought.  

She did great at her appointment.  I was so proud.  And she had a lot of fun trying on glasses (I don't have a picture of her in the frames she chose but they will be ready early next week).

So many choices...




"I hope they have to use this thing."

------------------------

As you can see Ellen lost another tooth.  And not just any tooth, one I consider to be a milestone tooth.  I wasn't ready for that to happen.  I told her she wasn't allowed to lose either of her front teeth, even went so far as to tell her the Tooth Fairy wouldn't accept them, but she went and lost one anyway.  Kids.  (Don't worry the Tooth Fairy did honor her tooth and gave her an extra dollar to boot.)

------------------------

"You never keep a professional waiting."
To Lilly as she was waiting on her to come downstairs and be a part of one of her performances

"Big hole for a tiny tooth."
Regarding the tooth she lost last Thursday and the rather large space if left behind (top, front... you can't miss it)

"You might be stronger but I am tougher."
Said to Phillip during a tryst

"I want a front row seat for this!" (as she dragged a chair closer to the action)
While watching Matt assess our electrical problem (he was on a ladder looking at the florescent light in our kitchen at that point)

"Besides, you turned 34 first..."
Part of her argument as to why I should be able to make Phillip change the channel on the big TV (as in you are older than Daddy so you can override any decision he may make)

"I didn't know babies were like that until I met Lilly."
Lamenting the fact that Lilly isn't as receptive to hugs and kisses and her attempts to coexist; she thought all babies were supposed to be sweet :)

------------------------

Ellen had her 6 year check-up this week.  Only 4 four months late.  I know, I know.  She weighs 50 lbs (68%) and is 46.5 inches tall (57%).  She also got the flu mist.  Better late than never, I suppose.

------------------------

Right now Ellen in into watching Pound Puppies, My Little Pony, Horseland and Berenstain Bears (she'll watch just about anything really), dancing and singing along to Taylor Swift (or any catchy pop music) and making up her own songs (Lilly is her back-up singer and dancer), making pretend cell phones using paper and markers, dessert, Rainbow Looming (although not as much), play dates with Hannah, reading, drawing, Gymnastics, fashion and here lately, watching figure skating (she is ready for the Olympics!)

------------------------

We are honored to be raising a daughter as wonderful as Ellen.  She's our cherry on top.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...