I have several New Year's Resolutions but I tend to identify so well with other people's lists that I sometimes find it difficult to come up with my own without being too generic or feeling like a copy cat. I couldn't have said it better myself!
Proof that I am:
1) easily influenced by others
2) not very original
3) tired
I guess there isn't anything wrong with being inspired by others but I do think of resolutions as being personal (and beneficial) and hope I never stop making them. Goals = good.
I finally, almost one year after the fact, ordered a matching silver disc with Lilly's name on it (went with Lillian) to go on my necklace from Heart On Your Wrist. Excited to have both girls represented! I also finally ordered new address labels that include Lilly's caricature. What can I say, when it comes to personalization we like to be really, really sure.
My company is now open on Sundays. At least for the next two months. All of us who are licensed are on the Sunday rotation. Thankfully we each only have to work two Sundays but I have a feeling that if we are busy enough, this may become a permanent thing. One day at a time is what I keep telling myself.
Ellen sometimes uses air quotes and says "awkward" but neither are done/said in the correct context/manner. Awkward.
Lilly came home with pigtails today. What's next? A tattoo? She was not happy to be put in her crib, which was done for picture taking purposes only, so this is the best we got. Silly girl. She looked like a mad scientist when we took the rubber bands out (but anything is better than John Gruden hair).
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Ummm, you must just be tired, because you are one of the most original people I know!!! Of all the blogs I read, yours is by far the wittiest and often makes me laugh out loud. I want to hire you to write my blog post headings.
Post a Comment