Working 7-4 is great! I do have to get up earlier and leave earlier (and drive to work in the dark) but it is nice getting ready without having to get anyone else ready at the same time. I leave all of that to Phillip! I do not typically get to see the girls (awake at least) in the mornings (although Lilly is a wild card) but I do get to pick up Ellen and that has been a very good thing. And the traffic is so much better! She and I get home around 5:15. We feed the dogs, let them out, check her school folder, straighten up around the house and start on dinner. Phillip picks up Lilly and they are usually home by 5:45. The mornings are still kind of crazy (especially for Mr. Mom), I am not home Tuesday nights and we have been going to the church meals on Wednesdays, so some days are more hectic than others (I have fallen asleep watching TV every night this week), but over all, this has been a very positive change for us.
Who wants to go to Disney World?! Our mini family vacation to Chattanooga didn't pan out (last fall) so we now have our sights set on Disney World :) It is really more of a dream than a reality but I have it all planned out. We would fly out of Nashville on a Wednesday, stay in a Disney Resort (so we have transportation to and from the airport and to and from Magic Kingdom), go to Magic Kingdom on Thursday and Friday, and then fly back on Saturday. Plan B would include an extra day for Downtown Disney. This is the McCullough version of a Disney dream vacation :) It may be a few years in the making but it is fun to think about. Ellen would possibly miss two days of school but it would be totally worth it (she has been twice before but she was young and younger). And she doesn't know it yet but Aunt Laurie is going to come with us. Ellen, do you want to go to Disney World when you are 9?
Ellen is our resident scaredy cat. She is sensitive to "evil" plot lines. She will even ask us to turn off certain shows when she is scared (which we encourage - I do not want her to watch anything that is going to give her bad dreams). It is funny though to hear her scream out during very tame programs... Max & Ruby is so not scream worthy :)
Lilly is finally saying ma ma. What took you so long? Of course I always hear it as Mama :) One day I will think/silently beg please stop saying Mama!... but not today. And not any time soon.
I had a McRib today for the first time. I really wanted a filet-o-fish, the reason I went at McDonald's in the first place, but then I saw the sign for the McRib, which reminded me of the McRib taste test bit I heard on the radio last week (apparently I was not the only person who had never had one), and decided to throw caution the the wind and give it a try (something I would not normally do). I liked it. The BBQ sauce had a strong flavor (a little too strong for my taste) but I would get it again if the mood struck. Phillip, a former McDonald's employee, got it in my head years ago that the McRib was not suitable for consumption - can't remember why and at this point I don't think I want to know - but even he told me to go for it.
Breaking news... I was able to "give up" both of my assigned Sundays to co-workers who wanted the overtime. So glad that was an option and I don't have to deal with the hassle of working on Sundays... for now.
Tomorrow is Ms. Eady's last day at The Children's Academy. We are really going to miss her. Just as Ellen was blessed with Ms. Finch at 8 weeks old, Lilly was blessed with Ms. Eady. We could not have asked for a better teacher and caregiver.
They are calling for freezing rain in the morning. Hope it's not as bad as they are predicting - it usually isn't but you never know.

1 comment:
Yes, Disney! Come see us at Disney!! Glad you were able to swap off your Sundays and that your new schedule is working for you. I admire you so much for all you do!
Post a Comment