Thursday, July 26, 2012

No internet. What's a girl to do?

Augustine Court will soon be back online.  The day our modem died, we all died a little on the inside.  It's not that we can't live without internet access on our home computer (our phones work fine but it's not the same) but it sure is nice to be able to do things like blog and google Downton Abbey*, play video games online (Phillip), and for Ellen, watch Netflix on the iPad.  Not only are we getting faster internet service, we will have AMC again so Phillip can start watching the new season of Breaking Bad (already in progress), which I feel is the real driving force behind the switch (he denies this).  Regardless, we will all benefit from the service call that is to take place between 8 and 10 a.m. on Saturday.

*Speaking of Downton Abbey, I finished Season 2 last night and all is right with the world.


In other news, Lilly has her first tooth.  You can't see it yet but Phillip felt it Sunday morning as he and Lilly were playing in our bed.  Apparently he feels her gums regularly (what?!).  I had no idea.  He also discovered Ellen's first tooth so he was putting on airs like no other.  She is sitting up on her own (with only the occasional fall), drinking less and eating more, trying to crawl, likes to rock, went to Sunday School for the first time (1 year old class)*, likes to scratch at things... the pattern on her sheets, the pages of books, my face... she has a lot going on!

*She and I attend a Babes in Arm class but my teacher was out of town (we don't have a typical cradle roll class).

Ellen is as cheeky as ever... she's starving, she's bored, she doesn't want to take a nap, she wants to take showers instead of baths.  New development: she needs (must have!) music to help her go to sleep at night.  She is constantly pushing the limits.  But she is also the best big sister.  And anyone who tells me I look cute in my glasses is A-OK in my book.

I have pictures to post once we're up and running.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...