This cold and dreary weekend has still been a good one. Phillip worked from home on Friday and was able to go to Ellen's Valentine's Day party. We decided it would be a good night to meet at the mall after I got off work and get Ellen new shoes. Stride Rite had a good sale and we got these purple beauties for $12.25 (with tax). I would have liked these even if they hadn't been on sale but money is tight, so this was a true blessing. Another blessing, we were able to use Valentine's Day money my parents sent Ellen. After shopping we went to Toys R Us to play. She has so much fun there.
Reading books in our bed before bedtime (normally she would have just had a bath and be in her pajamas, but we were running late so we skipped the bath). Reading and snuggling is part of our nightly routine. Ellen used to sit on my lap but now she likes to sit beside me. Phillip joins us most nights (if he's not cleaning up the kitchen). We also say a family prayer every night.
Playing with her dollhouse on Saturday morning. We got her a new room (home office) and the garden set for Valentine's Day. I may or may not have bribed Ellen with a small box of nerds so I could set up all of the furniture just the way I wanted to :)
It was really hard for me to watch her mix the play-doh colors. It just seems to go against the laws of nature. We had 3 of the really small containers so I decided to go ahead and let her do it.
We spent the afternoon playing at home and then went to the mall again. We rarely go to the mall as a family so twice in one weekend was definitely a record. Phillip wanted to get me clothes for work as a Valentine's gift but I didn't find anything. We drove separately to the mall so I could go to the movies afterwards. I saw Valentine's Day. It was good and I enjoyed being out on the town. Thanks for the Carmike gift certificates Andrea and Caleb!
Ring pop or snickers?
And the winner is... anything chocolate
Now I know what to get Phillip (and George) next year for Valentine's Day
A big thank you to our family for all of the Valentines!
The young men led the service at church tonight and they did a great job. Two of the boys in the 2nd grade class I help in on Sunday mornings participated - one led a song and the other led the closing prayer.
Overall, we had a great Valentine's weekend. Tomorrow we start our sugar detox!
No comments:
Post a Comment