Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Toy Crazy

We are almost finished with our Christmas shopping and wrapping. We saved Ellen for last - partly because we were still deciding what to get her and partly because of me. As I knew it would, all of this shopping is getting to me. I used to shop a lot. Loved it. I always bought things on sale so I wasn't spending a lot of money all at once, but I was regularly bringing home a little of this and a little of that. I have drastically changed my ways over the last few years. I don't even like to shop anymore. But Christmas gets me every year. I start out on task but slowly get off track. Usually it is because while shopping for others I see all of this great stuff I want for myself but can't afford. It makes me a little sad but I eventually move on. This year my weakness is Ellen. I thought I would enjoy shopping for her... and I am, but I wasn't expecting to also feel so depressed! It isn't that I want her to have everything, or even think this is necessary or healthy, but it is still hard for me to see all of the great toys available (educational and fun) and not feel that Ellen is "missing out" because she doesn't have some of them. It has been hard but Phillip is definitely keeping me in check :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...