Thursday, July 9, 2009

Updates

My baby has another ear infection and pink eye. After getting a call from her teacher this morning, Phillip picked up Ellen from daycare and took her to the doctor. She was well behaved at the doctor but was wild all afternoon. Phillip was wiped out by the time I got here. I will be home with the little monster tomorrow. I am trying to think of some fun things to do. It has been a weird week... she has been congested and not sleeping well. This means we have not been sleeping well either. And she had an uncharacteristically bad day at school this week- defiant and mean to her teachers and classmates. Glad to know she will be feeling better soon and hoping this behavior is cured along with her eyes and ears.
---------------------------------
On a happier note, this little girl is chattering up a storm lately. She has always been one to mimic and repeat, but she is blowing us away with her vocabulary. It is fun listening to her. I called home today and she answered the phone without Phillip realizing it. He thought she accidentally called somebody. I was surprised and thrilled to hear an excited "Hi" on the other end of the line. It made my day.
---------------------------------
We have recorded a few episodes of Sesame Street. Ellen says, "I want to watch Elmo" whenever we turn it on. She doesn't watch long, but her reaction to seeing Elmo is priceless. I want to catch her squeals of joy on video.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I know how you feel. Elijah just kept having ear infections until finally after about the 12th one we had the tubes put in which was a great experience. That must have been when he was about 18 months thought I'm not sure. They stayed in his ears for over 1 year. He's only had 1 ear infection since that time. It will get better soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...