Friday, February 2, 2018

For the first time in forever

Phillip is at church attending an elders and deacons meeting/leadership seminar.  Ellen is at Goofballs in Franklin with KFC (she will be in the youth group next year).  Lilly is playing Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch (she will be in KFC next year).  And George and Lucy are curled up on the couch watching my every move as I sit at the computer doing something I haven't done in what seems like a very long time.

Not much has changed but life feels very different today compared to just 6 months ago.  It took me several months to settle into my new jobs.  It was not the smooth transition I had been praying for but I have learned a lot about myself in the process.  Mostly that I still have work to do!

Thankfully Lilly had no trouble adjusting to kindergarten.  She loves Ms. Wilson and has made lots of friends.  I cherish the young woman Ellen is becoming.  She has really come into her own this school year.

As I was looking through iPhoto at the pictures I have taken since I stopped blogging regularly, I couldn't help but wish I had taken the time to document more.

Not blogged: long weekend with Mom and Dad at Fairfield Glade near Crossville, TN, creek stomping with friends along the Natchez Trace, CBC (Ellen's second year, first time attending a junior week), VBS,  Kentucky Kingdom, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Gulf Shores, Back to School Bash, first day of school, Ellen's 10th birthday, Nashville Zoo with the Moss Family (we don't see them nearly enough), Touch-a-Truck, Cheekwood Harvest, Halloween, Lilly losing her first tooth (and then her second), seeing the lights at Opryland, family retreat to Asheville, NC (including dinner at Deer Park Inn and a candlelight tour of the Biltmore Estate), Thanksgiving in NC, visiting Grandma in WV, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas, Sunset Beach (first time at the beach at Christmastime), Lilly's 6th birthday, snow days... the list goes on and on.

But I also couldn't help but smile.

These are the days to remember.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...