It is bittersweet because Ellen is getting older and I can't stop her. And I can't turn back time. It's difficult because I haven't been there for Ellen in the ways she has needed me since Lilly was born. Not on purpose (goodness no!) but when I look back, I see it. I know it. She knows it. And sometimes I feel like it might be too late. And that makes me very, very sad.
I think this is going to be a good year though. Second grade. Increased responsibility. An expanding world view. A future so bright you can't help but wonder what God has in store for this beautiful, complex little creature.
Ellen is sweet and sensitive but also passionate about whatever it is she is currently passionate about :)
She is very much like me when it comes to letting little things get to her. Don't be like me!
She gives us hope that she will one day be a great big sister. Never give up!
When two boys were recently baptized at church Ellen whispered to me "this is my favorite part." (Which is good to know since she used to be wary of the process.)
-------------------------
Speaking of favorites, I asked Ellen about a few of her favorite things...
Favorite color: Purple
Second favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite drink: Apple juice (?)
Favorite dessert: S'mores
Favorite hard candy: Jolly Ranchers
Favorite chocolate candy: Kit Kat
Favorite cereal: Pops and Frosted Flakes
Favorite fruit: Grapefruit (?)
Favorite TV show: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
Favorite movie: Muppets Most Wanted
Favorite game: Monopoly Jr
Favorite stuffed animal: Chocolate, her stuffed dog
Favorite subject: Science
Favorite special: Art
Favorite season: Fall
Favorite holiday: Christmas ("Not just because of the presents.")
Favorite vacation spot: South Carolina (beach)
Favorite outdoor activity: Running around
Favorite indoor activity: Arts and Crafts
Favorite sister: ???
Favorite friend: Evie
Favorite sport: Basketball
Favorite team: Duke
Favorite song: Problem by Ariana Grande
Describe your perfect day: Have a playdate and sleepover
-------------------------
Happy Birthday Ellen!


1 comment:
Love what she whispered to you during baptisms... such a perfect little glimpse into her heart! Happy Birthday, Ellen!!
Post a Comment