Yesterday was a snow day. School was closed and daycare was on a 2 hour delay. We didn't have any snow in our area but we did have some ice.
And last night I slipped and fell on that ice.
Hard.
I was walking out to the car (which happened to be in the driveway-normally we would have gone out through the garage) to take Ellen's friend home after a playdate when I slipped on our front steps. (Ironically I had just told the girls to be careful.) I fell backwards, first landing on my bottom and hands. Then my right side hit the top step. Ellen ran back into the house to get Phillip who was rocking Lilly. He ended up taking Hannah home while I recovered from the shock (and pain) of what just happened. I am very sore today and bruised. My side/back is the worst but everything on the right hurts...right hand, right wrist, right arm, right leg. I am going to be taking a lot of Motrin over the next couple of days.
Two things:
1. I am glad neither of the girls slipped.
2. I am glad no one saw me fall.
I sure hope this is an isolated incident!
1 comment:
I'm SO glad you weren't carrying one of the girls! Sorry you're bruised! I know how painful a hard fall can be. I fell while pregnant with AK and tried hard in whatever split second time I had to fall away from my stomach, so my side and hip took it really hard. And I couldn't take ibuprofen!!! Load up on that stuff! It's a a wonder drug! Hope you're healed soon.
Post a Comment