We had an issue with our smoke alarms early (very early) Saturday morning that cost us all a few hours of sleep in the middle of the night. It was crazy. I may never recover.
Ellen is thriving in her new gymnastics class.
Between baseball and preseason football Phillip is one happy guy (well, as happy as any Cubs fan can be).
"Lilly, come play!"
The Emperor has new clothes (aka Phillip spent his birthday money this weekend).
Fashion Police
Lilly was chasing Ellen around the house this morning when she ran full force into a door frame. She had a big goose egg on her forehead but now it is just a bruise. She has been falling down/tripping more than usual lately but this was by far worse than any other "injury" she has ever sustained.
Ellen has her very first list of spelling words: man, can, nap, tap, cat, hat, not & does (after this week there will be 10 words on each list). I am excited. Spelling is my favorite. As I was giving Ellen an impromptu quiz she said "I don't have to know how to spell them, just how to read them." She's in denial.
Lilly is a pro at putting quarters in the collection plate.
We met Kendra and Laurie at P.F. Chang's today for Phillip's third and final birthday lunch (lucky). Good times.
I finally fluffed, folded and put away two loads of clean laundry that I had been pretending did not exist for more than a week. Also, we are all sleeping on clean sheets tonight.
I inadvertently stopped the DVR from recording Breaking Bad at it's regular time this evening. Good thing it comes on again at 10:30.
-------------------------
In other news, Ellen has been going through a weird phase. She complains about her station in life, makes comments like "I'll just be in my room since no one appreciates me" and she thinks Lilly has it much better than she does (ha!) I want the old Ellen back. The one who is not jealous of her little sister. The one who is generally in a good mood. The one with the positive outlook on life. I miss you, sweet girl. Come back.
1 comment:
She's just too smart for her own good! All the genius ones get bored and have to start being a bit of a stink to get attention! I shudder at the thought of an early Saturday morning fire alarm! Poor things!
Post a Comment