So neat to watch Lilly play with the same toys Ellen used to play with when she was this age (and it will only get better). Precious memories, old and new.
It isn't easy leaving this little one every day. Or her big sister.
"I wish I lived in London, England" - Ellen McCullough
We are planning a mini vacation, one night, maybe two, to Chattanooga in late October during Ellen's fall break (we now have to plan around school). It will be the first time we have done anything like this ever. Our travels are either with family or to go ses family (that is not a complaint!). Chattanooga is about 2.5 hours away and very family friendly with a variety of things to do. If the weather is mild I would love to check out their zoo, but we plan on going to the aquarium and children's museum for sure. Should be lots of fun.
"Guess which one of your daughters peed all over the bathroom floor that doesn't wear diapers?"
This was the first thing out of Phillip's mouth, and understandably so, when he called me at work last night. I can't believe Ellen had an accident! She was watching Darkwing Duck at the time and waited just a little too long. I am washing the rugs now.
I forget how much I like the summer Olympics - I have always considered the winter games to be my favorite - until I start watching the coverage and am reminded of the events, which is invariably a surprise (a lot is forgotten in four years time): volleyball, beach volleyball, swimming, cycling, diving, rowing, water polo, track and field... to name a few that I particularly enjoy. We missed the opening ceremony due to our cable/internet change but I joined in the fun Saturday afternoon and have been tuned in (as life and time allows) ever since.
Lilly has 2 teeth on the bottom. We noticed the second tooth a few days after we felt the first one. She's almost ready for some of that popcorn Daddy brings home almost every night :)
I ordered Ellen's birthday cake today. It's early but I didn't want to miss out on getting one of Dorea's cakes (she's the best). Ellen requested chocolate so chocolate cake with chocolate icing it will be. We aren't planning a party this year for various reasons (she knows) but I think (hope!) this will soften the blow when the time comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment