Ellen said the Pledge of Allegiance no less than 15 times while we were grocery shopping yesterday afternoon. She had the best time. Lilly was happy too. We bought sugar cookies for the tea party Ellen is having at school today (they are talking about the Renaissance this week). I was off but Ellen went to school anyway (her choice). I dropped her off late and picked her up early so we could still spend some time together. She wanted me to pick her up before journal time because they now practice their letters instead of drawing pictures, and she would much rather draw, but I made her tough it out.
Lilly and I had a good day. We ran a few errands, I did housework while she napped, she played on the floor (rolled over several times), we had lots of cuddle time.
I seriously considered taking the girls to the zoo since it was supposed to be a beautiful day (and it was!) but I decided to wait until Phillip could join us. That means it will have to be on a Saturday (crowded) and it will be hot. I have a few more Wednesdays off before school starts, if I decide to brave it on my own. But as far as weather goes, yesterday would have been perfect.
I am slacking when it comes to taking pictures but believe you me, Lilly is as cute as ever. She is growing up way too fast. She is downing that "extra" bottle like a champ. She is Ellen's biggest fan and their interactions will forever remain some of my fondest memories (just like the little noises Ellen used to make when she was a newborn). Lilly is really interested in her feet. She continues to be little miss grab hands. I don't know the best way to describe my love for this little girl but it's right up there with onion rings and Snickers ice cream bars.
No comments:
Post a Comment